Sunday, March 6, 2011

science blog

1/3/10


Today i had to choose a topic that might be of interest to me and then research that topic at home. I decided that i wanted to do something with climate change affecting windspeed, or weather patterns, because I've heard that global warming is affecting the weather, so i want to find out for sure. I only researched for about 5 minutes because i had spent a while thinking of a topic.


1/4/11


Today in class i skimmed through the web but didn't really trust any sources so i ended up skimming through ms weissman's weather book, there were some interesting things in there; however, class ended. I didn't research at home because i was rethinking my topic choice and i fell asleep doing so unfortunately. So, tomorrow i will work for an hour.


1/5

Today in class i talked with Ms. Weissman about my topic, and i discovered that i need to researh not only temperatures effect on wind, but temperature on air presssure and how air pressure effects everything.

At home i found a very good sight that gave me lots of information


1/6/11


Air pressure:

Air pressure is the impact of the billions of air molecules bouncing around. The faster and harder the air molecules bounce around, the higher the pressure is, vice verca when the molecules move more slowly.


The molecules move faster or slower due to higher or lower temperatures, so in a sense, air pressure is directly effected by temperature.


One of the determining factors in how fast wind will be and where it will go is the difference in air pressures. The bigger the space the air pressure is spread out in, the slower the wind will be because it has a greater distance to travel.


1/7-1/9

I couldnt fill out my actual application over the weekend because i left it at school; however, i wrote a hypothesis, experimental question and came up with a possible procedure for my experiment on a word document. Also i researched my topic for 40 minutes because of my lack of research on other nights


1/10/11

I finished my intern application at home and I'm ready to meet the deadline!


1/11/10

I waited for the answer on my application


1/12/10

Snowday: Still waiting for the answer on my application


1/13/10

I found out that my application was rejected but I'm keeping my topic and so far, as far as revisions go, I've written how my topic will effect the world.


1/14/10

Today i revised two major


3/1/10

Did my last trial in class for my experiment. didnt do anythign at home


3/2/10

Started the formatting of my data table in class and got about halfway through at home. i have a few questions for ms weissman though


3/3/10

Finished my data table at home and began work on my graph


3/4/10

Ms weissman told me to make some changes to my data table over the weekend so i worked a little bit on that in class at at home that night


3/5/10

i did nothing


3/6/10

i finished my data table and worked a little bit on my graph




















No comments:

Post a Comment